Statement Of Faith
High Barnet Baptist Church: Basis of Faith
The Faith we hold and proclaim
All members need to accept and maintain the articles of faith. Church ministers, elders and deacons need to be members. Articles of faith are as follows:
1. The Divine inspiration, authority and sufficiency of the Holy Scriptures, these being regarded as not only containing, but being in themselves, the Word of God, being verbally inspired as originally given by God to man.
2. The Unity of the Godhead and the Trinity of Persons therein, namely, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
3. The utter depravity of human nature in consequence of the fall.
4. The Incarnation of the Son of God, His vicarious and propitiatory sacrifice for sinners of mankind and His mediatorial intercession and rule.
5. The justification of the sinner by faith alone through the imputed righteousness of Christ.
6. The necessity of the Holy Spirit's work in the conversion, and sanctification of the sinner.
7. The immortality of the human spirit, the resurrection of the body and the eternal blessedness of the righteous and the eternal punishment of the wicked.
8. The final judgement of the world by the Lord Jesus Christ.
9. The Divine institution of the Christian ministry and the obligation and perpetuity of the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
10. The obligation of all believers to be baptised by immersion on profession of faith and the reception of such only to membership of the Church.
11. The privilege of all believers to partake of the Lord's Supper till He come, irrespective of their Baptism or Church Membership.